Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bile duct blues part 6

Stent is approx 8 cm long x 1 wide and lives in my bile duct between my duodenum and liver. It will allow bile to escape via digestive system and take the bilirubin's yellow with it.

I am also recovering from previous surgery quite well. They have removed the wound drain and urinary catheter, reduced the painkillers (bye bye ketamine) and I am sitting, standing and walking around more.

They are monitoring my recovery and I will start to see oncologists about the next steps today or tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your cards flowers gifts and notes. I am feeling better every day. Will keep you posted.

Cheers

Jon

1 comment:

Philip Robinson said...

Hi Jon, you seem to have caused a rise in Internet traffic due to all the wishes and news about your status. Searches on Hilton at a record high even over-shadowed Paris.