Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wonders of modern chemistry part 6

Morning after chemo. Now have a portable pump that is infusing fluorouracil over 46 hours. I will take this home and everywhere else with me in the mean time.

I did not sleep much probably a result of the premed cocktail (including that stuff you told me about, Phil R) they gave me. I also rolled over onto the portable pump last night and it started screaming which further interrupted sleep.

Not feeling very hungry so I guess the side effects have started. Noticed that cold water from tap feels very cold so slight peripheral neuropathy from the platinum drug (known side effect).

Apart from that all OK. Heading home then back tomorrow at 4pm to be disconnected from the pump.

Next chemo session then will be on the 13th of March.

Jon

No comments: