The pump was disconnected on Friday having discharged its payload of 4800 mg of Fluorouracil into my veins over 46 hours. Feeling a bit washed out (as expected). It is now Sunday morning.
- I was very prone to hiccups yesterday - less so today
- Swallowing was mildly uncomfortable - especially once foodstuffs or liquids reached the end of the oesophagus (may be related to hiccups?)
- Occasionally felt very, very faint signs of nausea
- Sensitivity to pain increased - remaining wound pain was heightened, and there was some return of the unexplained abdominal pain I experienced after the last chemo session. Not as bad as last , and I am now more confident managing with appropriate pain relief.
- Appetite is depressed again - can tolerate Sustagen and am having quite a bit of it at present. There are early signs that my appatite will pick up again, so feeling hopeful about that.
- Need to be careful to remain hydrated - don't feel like drinking much water, so have to focus on making sure I take in fluids.
I tried to call them at 8AM - no answer. Checked temperature again - down to 37.5 so now less concerned - think I may just have been wrapped up in too many blankets in bed.
Tried calling again at 8:30, 9:00 and 9:30 - still no answer. Called the hospital ED number - they tried to get through to the oncology ward - no luck - and ED staff could not give me advice because they did not have access to my record. It is Sunday morning and I know from experience that staff are thin on the ground and generally very busy.
Checked temp again - down to 37.1. Will try calling again later this morning just to check but pretty sure on don't have a raging infection.
Apart from this minor scare overall I am not feeling too bad.